Congratulations Stingray Class of 2020!
Welcome to 6th Grade...
Schoology Access on a Mobile Device:
Students CAN do conferencing on their smartphone only if they log into Schoology through the web browser on their phone (Safari, Chrome, etc). Most kids have the Schoology app, and the app can do everything except the conferencing portion. If you have any questions please contact the following staff:
GRMS Contacts for Schoology Issues:
♦ 6th Grade – Ms. Overholt
email: [email protected]
♦ 7th Grade – Mr. Canoura
email: [email protected]
♦ 8th Grade – Mr. Halloran
email: [email protected]s
Need Tech Help???
- Do you need Microsoft office to access teacher PowerPoints for your student?
Click this link to access Free Office 365 ProPlus for your student.
- Google St Johns County School District
- Click on Families (top right tab in black)
- Click on Get Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus Free
- Scroll down and choose your type of device.
Summer Marine Science Program
Pre-Application and return to your science teacher for a recommendation.
- Non SJCSD students: may mail their completed pre-application to Gamble Rogers Middle School Attn: Marine Science
- If your child is selected for the program, a final application will be emailed to you
♦ For more details please click on the Marine Science Program tab to the left.
Instructional Materials Adoption
The St. Johns County School District curriculum department representatives and adoption committee members are currently conducting the review process for the 2019-2020 Instructional Materials Adoption for Career and Technical Education, Computer Science, and Foreign Languages resources. Learn more
1) Place a sign with your student’s name and homeroom teacher on the front dash
2) Pull into the front of the school at the parent pick up loop.
3) We will greet you for drop-off, then you will move forward for pick-up and the bag will be placed in your trunk by a staff member.
Please follow the schedule and procedures below for drop-off and pick-up from GRMS.
May 20th: Band instrument drop off / Art project pick up (see teacher Schoology page)
May 22nd: 6th grade (Last Name A-L 8:00 – 11:00 AM and Last Name M-Z 12:00 – 3:00)
May 26th: 7th grade (Last Name A-L 8:00 – 11:00 AM and Last Name M-Z 12:00 – 3:00)
May 27th: 8th grade (Last Name A-L 8:00 – 11:00 AM and Last Name M-Z 12:00 – 3:00)
*Parents with students in multiple grade levels may come during any child’s grade level time.
♦ Pull into the front of the school at the parent pick up loop.
♦ We will greet you for drop-off and then you will move forward for pick-up.
♦ Place a sign with your student’s name and homeroom teacher on the front dash and the bag will be placed in your trunk by a staff member.
- Technology: (Laptops & Hotspots)
- Library Books
- Text Books
- Homeroom PE locker contents
- Medication previously kept with the nurse
- Pre-ordered Yearbooks
∼ Yearbooks may be purchased for $35 while supplies last, CASH ONLY~
Dear Stingray Families,
The School District is planning to offer several online optional summer programs that your child may participate in during June 2020. Here are some of the optional programs being offered and the grade levels that apply to each:
♦Secondary Positive Start Math Program (Grades 6-12): Self-paced math program containing instructional videos and skill practice questions. Students will not be monitored or supported by an instructor. Courses range from 6th grade math – Calculus.
If you would like your child to participate and continue to use the District Computer/Hotspot during the month of June, please complete the online form by clicking on the survey link below. Your response to this survey will let us know that you wish to use the District assigned Computer and/or Hotspot for the summer programs and will return all devices no later than July 6th (after the optional summer programs conclude) to the school where they were distributed.
If you do not plan to participate in the summer programs, please return the District Computer and/or Hotspot to the school where it was distributed no later than May 28th.
- Meals provided through a walk-up and drive-thru service in the parent drop off loop
- The meals will be provided to children 18 years or younger. Children must be present to receive meals.
- Children may receive meals at the nearest participating school, even if it is not where they attend school.
- Each day, lunch for that day and breakfast for the next day will be provided at the same time.
All sites will operate from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. until further notice.
Schools in our area:
Gamble Rogers Middle
South Woods Elementary
Pedro Menendez High
W.D. Hartley Elementary
Sign Up for SchoolMessenger
This system allows schools and District staff to quickly and efficiently communicate both general and emergency messages to parents/guardians using email, text and voice mail.
If you are a SJCSD Parent/Guardian, please see the directions to Manage Your Contact Preferences in SchoolMessenger Info Center.
Schedule & Events
- Second Quarter / First Semester Ends on December 20, 2019
- Winter Break – Student / Teacher Holiday on December 23, 2019
- Classes Resume for Students on January 6, 2020
- Second Semester Begins on January 6, 2020
- Report Cards Issued on January 17, 2020
- Martin Luther King Day – Student / Teacher Holiday on January 20, 2020
- Teacher Inservice Day – Student Holiday on January 31, 2020
- Interims Issued on February 6, 2020
- Presidents Day – Student / Teacher Holiday on February 17, 2020
- Third Quarter Ends on March 12, 2020
7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
7:30 AM – 1:50 PM (M, T, TH, FRI)
7:30 AM – 12:50 PM (W)
Please be aware of the following policies that may affect your student at GRMS during school year. View the 2019-2020 Presentation for dress code, deliveries for students, early check-out, etc.
Stingray families — Parents will not be permitted to drop off food from outside sources to their student during the school day. This includes fast food/restaurant meals. This DOES NOT include lunch boxes that students may have left at home.
It is imperative that parents call the school to change home phone numbers, cell numbers, work numbers and email addresses as soon as they are changed. In an emergency situation, it is difficult to contact parents when the information provided is not correct. Please contact Mrs. Delaney with changes.
Notice regarding payments to GRMS via personal check: Checks MUST include your full name, street address, TWO phone numbers, and your driver’s license number.
Parent Informative Letter Link.
Registration for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on March 2nd.
District-wide registration for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on March 2nd. Starting on that date, you will be able to click the Register My Child For School button on our school website to complete an online registration form for your child.
Returning Student Verification email forms (snapcodes) will begin sending on Wednesday, April 29, 2020. Please note: you may receive your children's snapcodes on different dates, depending on student grade level and the school each child attends.
Current 6th grade students: Snapcodes for all 6th grade students will be sent at a later date due to the tdap vaccination requirement. If your 6th grade student is up to date with all immunizations, including the tdap immunization, and you have an updated copy of their HRS 680 immunization form, you can email [email protected] to request your child's snapcode. Otherwise, all 6th grade snapcodes be sent in the next few weeks.
School District News
+ Positive + Start Summer Math Program
The St. Johns County School District + Positive + Start Program enables students to practice the prerequisite math skills needed to be successful in the mathematics course in which they are enrolled in the next school year.
Completion of the course will likely give students a positive start in math.
This is just a reminder that anyone (parent, guardian, friend, neighbor, aunt, uncle) must have school access to attend an event at Gamble Rogers Middle School, have lunch with a student and/or attend an awards assembly. If you have not already done so, please complete the School Access Form. The process for approval may take up to 4 weeks, so please fill out the application sooner than later for any guests that would like to have school access. Once the application is approved, school access will be valid for three years.
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.